Wednesday, August 3, 2011

She's Not Homeless, She's Just a Mom

I don't think I've worn clean clothes in 7 years.  I always start the day wearing something fresh mind you, but somehow by the end of the day, one of my kids has managed to "mark his territory" on my pants or shirt.  It all started with Maximus.  For awhile on maternity leave, I wouldn't even second glance when he would pee on my shirt during a diaper change (can we say post-postpartum???).  When I went back to work, I would go dressed to work unscathed, but when I would visit him at the daycare, I would walk away with a big blob of spit up running down my leg.  Usually I didn't see this until I had greeted about 7 people first. 

Tonight I narrowly missed getting caught by the flying purple Kool-Aid right before dinner (note to self, no more purple Kool Aid).   

And I don't know how, but I seem to have drawn the short straw when it comes to sitting next to the youngest kid at the dinner table.  Right now I sit next to Rocco.  I thought I was in the clear as we finished up dinner.  But then I looked down and noticed I had salsa down the front of my shirt and on my sleeve.  That was just before he grabbed my pants (black of course) and left something all over my leg.  I'm not even sure what it is but it shows up on black.

What's the most sad is that the state of my clothes doesn't even phase me anymore when I run over to the neighbor's or to the grocery story.  So folks, next time you see a woman walking around with unrecognizable stains on her shirt and a glob of fruit snack in her hair (hard to get out by the way), know that she doesn't lack the basics in hygiene, she's just a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment